Wild Food Foraging Walk with Wild Food Tasters – The Herbal Hub
A lovely introduction to some of the glorious wild edible plants that grow around us.
LEVEL: Open to everyone; suitable for complete beginners
- COST:€45 per person, including material
- DATE: Saturday 20th JUNE 2020
- TIME: 10.30am – 2.30 pm
- VENUE: Glasson, Co. Westmeath, IRELAND
Sorry, no dogs. Dog poo and foraging do not mix!
WALK: Come on a foraging walk where Vivienne will point out some of the edible wild plants growing around us.
LEARN: Vivienne will talk about various wild food recipes for using local plants.
HARVEST: Your chance to get hands on and pick some of these edible plants as Vivienne helps to guide you with identification to give you confidence doing this.
WATCH: Back at the lodge Vivienne will do a cookery demo of a wild food dish that is quick and easy to make.
EAT: Taste samples of various wild food dishes, drinks and extracts (some made on day, some prepared in advance). NOTE: samples of several foods will be served but this will not be a full meal.
An accessible & fun introduction to the glorious wild plants that surround you wherever you live (countryside or city).
- We don’t walk far: it’s a lovely little shuffle in the fresh air discovering and nibbling on the local plants.
- These walks are an excellent way to introduce you to the abundance of edible and medicinal plants that grow all around us.
- They are popular with adults and children
- Walks go ahead rain or shine so please dress for the weather: sun hat, sun screen, wellies, waterproofs as appropriate.
Vivienne Campbell: Herbalist, Forager, Natural Cosmetic-Maker
Qualification: BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine
Professional Memberships: The National Institute of Medical Herbalists; The Association of Foragers
Vivienne teaches a range of herbal medicine and wild food skills with options available for people from total beginners to experienced professionals (including CPD classes)
Ways to Learn with Vivienne
- CLASSES & WORKSHOPS IN-PERSON (Ireland & UK)..come along and meet the plants in-person.
- *ONLINE CLASSES on specific topics (live & recorded sessions)..available worldwide via video/webinar
- *VIDEO COURSE flexible & comprehensive ..available worldwide (internet permitting)