Herbal Medicine-Making: from plant to pot with The Herbal Hub
A lovely introduction to some of the medicinal plants that grow around us
LEVEL: Open to everyone; suitable for complete beginners (but brain surgeons are welcome to attend too!)
- COST: €85 (including materials, hand-outs, product made on day to bring home and light lunch (soup & bread).
- DATE: Sun 21st June 2020
- TIME: 10 am – 4.30 pm
- VENUE: Glasson, Co. Westmeath, IRELAND.
- Come on a herbal foraging walk on the shore of a lake and through woodland.
- Discover the native wild medicinal plants that grow there.
- Gather some of these herbs.
- See how to use them to make medicinal extracts such as tinctures, infusions, decoctions, oxymels, medicinal herbal vinegars, poultices, compresses, infused oils, ointments etc.
- Taste and try out herbal extracts during the class.
- Bring home a remedy made on the day.
Vivienne Campbell: Herbalist, Forager, Natural Cosmetic-Maker
Qualification: BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine
Professional Memberships: The National Institute of Medical Herbalists; The Association of Foragers
Vivienne teaches a range of herbal medicine and wild food skills with options available for people from total beginners to experienced professionals (including CPD classes)
Ways to Learn with Vivienne
- CLASSES & WORKSHOPS IN-PERSON (Ireland & UK)..come along and meet the plants in-person.
- *ONLINE CLASSES on specific topics (live & recorded sessions)..available worldwide via video/webinar
- *VIDEO COURSE flexible & comprehensive ..available worldwide (internet permitting)